Political Forum
 Reaction to the Mehlis Report
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

The Whip

42 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2005 :  5:29:40 PM  Show Profile
Reactions to the Mehlis report from all over the world have emphasized the need to let justice be done. Everyone concurs that the investigations should be completed and trials should be set to bring the culprits to justice. Everyone that is except in Syria. In Syria they attacked the report and when I say Syria I also mean of course its drums in Lebanon (Hezbollah and his Maestro Nasrallah and Amal and its Istiez Berri). They orchestrated demonstrations, held meeting, issued declarations challenging the testimony of witnesses as an act of revenge ...
All that does not matter, what matters Mr. Assad is whether you comply or not. You have been suspected, try to work with the system to avoid an indictement.
Personally I think that Assad and his regime will walk the same path followed by Saddam and will meet hopefully the same fate. What do you think?

Pietro

Lebanon
64 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2005 :  7:08:29 PM  Show Profile
Take a good look and have a laugh:

Most of the boards held in the Syrian demonstrations have the same shape and color, are of a same paper quality, and have been printed with the same fonts.

Syrian Intelligence lacks some intelligence!
Go to Top of Page

Truth Squad

114 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2005 :  11:39:30 PM  Show Profile
I was really surprised at how easily Syria managed to rouse Amal and Hezbollah to its defense. Their joint declaration yesterday did not strike a positive tone with many Lebanese. They seemed in a rush to reaffirm their loyalty to Syria and lament its predicament. It would have been nobler and more Lebanese for Amal and Hezbollah to join for once the Lebanese people and demand that Syria releases all Lebanese prisoners from its jails and torture dungeons. I think many would disagree with the "righteousness" of those who stood and continue to stand with the regime in Syria despite all what its agents have done in Lebanon.

I do not believe anyone is seeking revenge from Syria but I think every Lebanese is seeking justice although each one for his/her own plight (most for Hariri's murder, some for a stolen life, some for a missing son or husband or daughter, and many for 30 years of oppression and a lost pride). Justice is in the eye of the beholder; in the eye of the guilty it may seem as revenge but in fact it is meant to replace revenge.

If you listened to the Syrian ambassador to the UN today, you see that Syria is digging itself a deeper hole than the one it is already in. Instead of pledging full cooperation with the investigation, its ambassador attacked the messenger and his report.

Having lived in civilized countries, I learned that if you receive a citation for speeding, you do not attack the police officer, but you cooperate with him and when time comes for you to go to court you make your case there. The Assad regime, like the Saddam regime before it, seems to be keen on attacking the messenger rather than cooperating with the investigations. Hard as we may wish that Syria will not meet Iraq’s fate, it seems that the Assad leadership is taking it there. Our prayers go for the Syrian civilians.
Go to Top of Page

Pietro

Lebanon
64 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2005 :  05:28:18 AM  Show Profile
Yes a very decent resistance indeed.

Truth Squad, you really thought they were any less Syrian puppets? Like haven't you heard Hassoun's cries from Riad Al-Solh for the glory of Syria's Lion, and that Syria will always be the Lebanese Lions den?

When half of the Lebanese don't want Lebanon...
Go to Top of Page

Talal

Syria
21 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2005 :  09:47:33 AM  Show Profile
all you guys want is revenge. Truth, you think with your "fancy English" you impress me. we will win inshallah and we will show you all what true nationalism is. Amal and Hizballah are a decent resistance Mr. Pietro. they liberated your land from occupation. they give you the chance to be free with the help of our great leader Bashar Hafez Al-Assad, God protect him. but you prefer the zionists.
Go to Top of Page

Pietro

Lebanon
64 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2005 :  12:20:39 PM  Show Profile
I'm glad you're impressed by Truth's English, Talal.

Edited by - Pietro on 10/26/2005 12:23:19 PM
Go to Top of Page

Israel

Israel
11 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2005 :  2:40:54 PM  Show Profile
To the Syrian guy: Talal - why do you hate us so much. What do you know of zionism? Do you think all jews are zionists? do you think all israelis are zionists. what is so bad about zionism? I wish you could tell me what sources you are reading so that we could have a meaningful discussion.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Forum for Democracy in Lebanon © Democracy in Lebanon Go To Top Of Page