Political Forum
 WE ARE ALL FOUAD SENIORA
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Truth Squad

114 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2005 :  3:23:18 PM  Show Profile
Syrian President Bashar al-Assad launched a scathing attack against Lebanon's leaders, accusing them of turning Lebanon into a hotbed of conspiracy against Damascus. In an unprecedented attack on the Beirut government, Assad said Prime Minister Fouad Seniora had allowed Lebanon to become a base for Syria's enemies.

Assad’s speech was monitored by many observers around the world. By all accounts his words marked the arrogance of a guilty assassin, fighting adjudication and continuing to blame others for the failure of his strategy. The fact is that Mr. Assad lost the initiative in Lebanon and on the world stage and today he seemed to have lost it inside Syria too.

His gratuitous attack on Premier Seniora is damaging not only to Lebanon, but also to Syria and more important to Lebanese-Syrian relations.

His constant call on the so-called “National Forces” in Lebanon to rise in defense of Syria amounts to intervention in the interior affairs of Lebanon and a last ditch attempt to disturb the peace therein in blatant violation of United Council Security Council resolutions 1559 and 1636.

This is a sad day in the history of Syria when the top man in its leadership has chosen to engage in a wanton attack on a neighboring government. Instead Mr. Assad should have raised the serious issues of those Syrians accused of Hariri assassination and sheltered by the Syrian regime, and ordered concrete legislative, judiciary and executive actions that show his willingness to fully cooperate with the international investigation team and help bring the killers of Hariri to justice.

In his speech today, Assad seems to be walking in Saddam’s footsteps. He seems to have made a decision to put Syria in direct confrontation with the international community. This will undoubtedly bring more harm to his country than anyone on the outside can ever do to harm him.

Whether one agrees or disagrees with the politics of Prime Minister Fouad Seniora, one must admit that the man is doing the best he can to get to the bottom of the truth in the assassination of his friend, former PM Rafik Hariri.

I consider the attack on PM Seniora an attack on every Lebanese and every honest person in the Arab World interested in finding the truth.

I call on all my fellow citizens, even the ones who continue to lament the Syrian era and consider themselves pro-Syrian, to join me in saying with one voice:

We are all Fouad Seniora.

fraizzze

Canada
58 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2005 :  7:01:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit fraizzze's Homepage
Yes, yes and yes ! Finally someone who truly understands the current issue. We are all Fouad Saniora! Not because of his name, religion or of the community he represents, but because of his principles and his actions : he acts for a new a strong lebanon. A Strong lebanon free of corruption, assassinations, insecurity, greed, theft, fear, tabous, weakness, dependance, violence, inequality and disrespect for human kind. He fights to make freedom ring through every bells of Lebanon's churches, in every song of Lebanon's Mosques, in every classrooms, in every eyes and dreams. Lebanese people need freedom and independance. If you give it to them, they will achieve the most wonderful things using their talents, their voice, their ideas. Syria will never be an obstacle. Israel will never be an obstacle. Hezbollah will never be an obstacle. MULTI-CULTURALISM shall never be an obstacle. Instead, it will be our force, as it did for the last century in this small green and peacefull mountains of forests called Lebanon. The Cedar is strong and fearless. Lebanon shall be strong and fearless, yet honest and democratic. Yalla Fouad Saniora, fight for THIS Lebanon, and we are ALL behind you.
Go to Top of Page

Jean

Lebanon
50 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2005 :  9:20:53 PM  Show Profile
YES. We are ALL Fouad Seniora.
Frankly I was shocked at the reaction of the ministers of Hezbollah and Amal today. They seemed more in a hurry to protect Assad than to defend the Lebanese Prime Minister from a viscious attack on his name.
We are ALL FOUAD SENIORA.
I even suggest that we start a campaign with 1 slogan: We are all Fouad Seniora to send a message to Assad and his agents in Lebanon that he can no longer attack our PM whenever he wants to and expect us to remain silent about it.
Prime Minister Fouad Seniora is a genuine Lebanese and he is working to promote peace and prosperity in Lebanon and not to plan attacks on Syria.
The Syrians are harming themselves by letting Bashar rant without control.
Go to Top of Page

Gisèle

Lebanon
36 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2005 :  9:42:34 PM  Show Profile
Allez Mr. Seniora. Nous sommes tous avec vous.

NOUS SOMMES TOUS FOUAD SENIORA

WE ARE ALL FOUAD SENIORA

äÍä ßáäÇ ÝÄÇÏ ÇáÓäíæÑÉ
Go to Top of Page

Eyad

Lebanon
24 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2005 :  10:25:38 PM  Show Profile
Ditto.
We are all Fouad Seniora.
We all want the truth.
We are want a fair and just investigation in Hariri's assassination but it seems that Assad has already conducted the investigations and the trial and issued his sentence.
I sau it again we are all Fouad Seniora and with Fouad Seniora even if that means the END OF THE ASSAD REGIME.
Go to Top of Page

UN 1559

2 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2005 :  03:12:25 AM  Show Profile
Ditto.

Mr Seniora, do not care about what assad is saying, he knows that he is guilty and he thinks that he is justifying himself in front of his people before the accusatioon is pronouced. The reality is that he is suiciding the Saddam's way.

Concerning his scathing attack against you, do not care bye7ke bi moustawah, and as the poet says :

"IZA ATATKA MAZAMMATTI MIN NAKISEN , FAHIA AL ChAHADOUTO LIA BI ANNIA KAMILOU".

Mr Seniora, we are all with you. We all support you.

NOUS SOMMES TOUS FOUAD SENIORA

WE ARE ALL FOUAD SENIORA

äÍä ßáäÇ ÝÄÇÏ ÇáÓäíæÑÉ
Go to Top of Page

PaxLibano

France
39 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2005 :  07:09:44 AM  Show Profile
It is indeed very Sad to know that our neighboring country to the east is presided over by a thug.
I am not sure how Assad acquired a doctorate degree and I don't know what kind of Medicine they teach in Syria but his words were surely not at the level of a modern President let alone a doctor.
I am very PROUD to have Mr. Seniora as Lebanon's PM, a very poised and a wise man.
I join you all in calling on all Lebanese to say with one voice: We are ALL Fouad Seniora. We are all Fouad Seniora.

Patrique Dahdah.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Forum for Democracy in Lebanon © Democracy in Lebanon Go To Top Of Page